Laura E. Robertson
Laura Robertson is an experienced attorney who focuses her practice on the representation of individuals injured in automobile accidents.
Laura is a native of Wicomico County. She graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park (B.A. 1997), where she was accepted and participated in the Honors Program. She received a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2000 and was admitted to the Maryland Bar in the same year. While in law school she received special honors in Federal Income Taxation Law.
Upon her graduation from law school, Laura returned to the Eastern Shore to serve as a Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Daniel M. Long of the Circuit Court for Somerset County. Working with Judge Long provided Laura with invaluable insight as to the internal workings of the local court system, as well as substantial practical experience in legal research, writing, and court procedure.
Following her clerkship, Laura was associated with the law office of Laws & Robertson, P.A. in Salisbury, where she had a broad-based practice handling civil and litigation matters.
Laura joined Scott's solo personal injury law practice in 2009, and they changed the firm's name to Robertson & Robertson, P.A. Laura devotes much of her time to the preparation of legal court pleadings, assisting with the discovery phase of litigated cases, and legal and medical research and writing.
Laura shares the firm's commitment to our local community. In 2002, she received an Outstanding Volunteer Service Award from the Wicomico County Bar Association for her representation of indigent clients through the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service. Laura is the current Chair of the Safe Sanctuaries Committee at Trinity United Methodist Church, in which capacity she developed a policy to ensure the safety of children and other parishioners in the church.
Laura recently completed a six-year term on the Wor-Wic Community College Foundation Board, serving as Secretary of that organization. She previously served as a member of the Board of Directors of Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Services, an organization committed to promoting reinvestment and revitalizing neighborhoods in Salisbury, Maryland.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Aviation Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Property Damage -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Maryland, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2003
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Highest Grade in Federal Income Tax
- University of Maryland at College Park, College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 1977
- Honors: Graduate of Honors Program
- Major: Government and Politics
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Volunteer Service Award, Wicomico County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Daniel M. Long of the Circuit Court for Somerset County, Judicial Law Clerk, 2000 to 2001
- Laws & Laws, Associate, 2001 to 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- Chairperson, Trinity United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuary Committee, 2009 to Present
- Board Member, Wor-Wic Community College Foundation, 2003 to 2009