Common Client Questions
What questions come up frequently from other clients in auto accident cases?
Below is a short compilation of typical questions and concerns that arise from new clients in auto accident cases. You may have some of the same questions. While the answers might vary from case to case, we can discuss and address any of these issues:
Concerning the complexities and stress of dealing with car insurance companies:
- The accident was not my fault! Why am I being told that my insurance company should pay medical bills?
- The at-fault driver’s insurance carrier is not paying my medical bills, and they are going to collections! What can I do?
- They want me to fill out and sign forms. Should I do that?
- Should I give the insurance company a recorded statement?
- I just want the insurance companies to stop calling me! (Or perhaps more frequently: “I can’t get the adjuster to return my phone call!”)
Concerning car repairs or total loss:
- The other insurance company has told me that they won’t give me a rental or fix my car because they have not been able to interview the other driver. What do I do?
- The insurance company is cutting off my rental. What can be done?
- My car was totaled. What are my rights?
Concerning medical care:
- I’m being told that my health insurance won’t pay for my accident-related medical care – is this true?
- My family doctor says that he won’t treat patients for injuries sustained in car accidents. What do I do now?
- I can’t get in to see the doctor until 10 (or more) days from now. I’m in pain. What do I do?
- I received a letter from my health insurance carrier telling me that I need to pay them back. What do I do?
- Do I need a referral from my family doctor to get medical treatment?
- Is making an appointment with my family doctor the best first step?
- Liability insurance, PIP insurance, health insurance, underinsured motorist coverage – how does it all fit together?
- I assumed the insurance company would treat me fairly. Boy, was I wrong! How will you make sure I am treated fairly?
- How do I know if a settlement offer is fair?
- When can I settle my case?
- What about future medical expenses?
- I had a prior injury or I have a preexisting condition. How will that affect my case?